Governor Beebe signing the bill:
SB 242/HB 1203 does the following things:
1) Modernizes/criminalizes labor and sex trafficking,
2) Lowers the standard of proof to prosecute sex trafficking of minors,
3) Provides an affirmative defense to sex trafficking victims,
4) Authorizes the creation of a Task Force in the Attorney General's Office,
5) Encourages training of law enforcement, and
6) Creates a civil cause of action for victims.
This could move the state from being one of the "Faltering Four" state with the least protections for human trafficking victims in the United States to a state with strong protections.